This website accessibility statement sets out the considerations that have been taken to ensure that it is available to people with disabilities, and sight impairment.
It has been designed to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts within the settings of your browser
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
The level of acccessibility offered in this website
Careful attention has been paid to all aspects of accessibility in the design and development of this site. Website accessibility extends beyond the traditional view of clear readable text, keyboard access, screen reader compatibility and encompasses the entire build and deployment, the core integrity, page load speed, security and GDPR.
The methods and steps taken are as follows:
- Accessibility standards WCAG 2.1 AA/AAA and Section 508 compliant
- A grade performance: Fast page load – under 4 seconds in most cases, under 2 seconds in many cases
- A grade security measured against industry standards for CMS, Content, GDPR, PCI/DSS and Server security
- Page structure and formatting uses conventional HTML with additional ARIA mark-up to assist keyboard input and screen readers
- Headings, content and links are clearly defined
- Colour contrast is clearly defined with additional consideration given to people with colour blindness
- Forms will function with keyboard input only
- All images have alternative text (ALT text) descriptions.
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
While every effort has been made to ensure accessibility standards are met, we are always interested to hear about first hand experiences. If you find any problems when using this website, or you wish to leave some feedback, you can report them to [email protected]